Saturday 14 November 2009

23 weeks and counting

Yes, I know I said 25 last week. I was wrong. Old age.

Reasonable week, with a really good run in crisp conditions on Monday followed by a bit of a struggle on a semi-cross country run that goes partly through the woods on Wednesday. A bit muddy and slippery, and I came back with various bits of me sending out warning tweaks. Did the sensible thing and cancelled Thursday's planned gym session to give myself a rest day, following that with a nice, short & easy lope yesterday.

Invented yet another route for this week's long run - here. Tend not to like out-and-back as there's always the temptation the shorten the "out" bit. Varied this one a bit by going up the hill into Rhu on the way back - 'cos, like, hills are something I'm really short of around here. Amazingly found a window in the awful weather and stayed dry - to the extent that when the sun came out I was regretting the Rons & Long-sleeve shirt.

Also trying out the new playlist (see under Spotify on the left) for the first time, and the attention grabber was a real blast from my past - especially as I'd just seen a metal fan sporting the leather jacket with sleeveless denim over the top combo that I used to favour



Ah the memories.

Week's summary: 4 runs: 27 miles: Long run 10.25miles
Miles since acceptance: 93